In addition to Pine Bush Equine’s conventional veterinary services, we also provide some additional therapies to complement your horse’s holistic care. Our board-certified experts assist you in deciding if complementary therapies could be beneficial to your treatment plan, and make suggestions for how to best incorporate them.
Advanced Therapeutics & Complementary Medicine
- Equine acupuncture has been used for many years to help treat lameness, tendon/ligament issues, post-surgical rehabilitation, reproductive issues, pain relief, skin conditions, allergies and non-surgical colic.
- Certified in Equine Veterinary Medical Manipulation from the Integrative Veterinary Medical Institute, Dr. Skorich works on restoring normal range of motion to your horse’s joints by resetting the neural input with speed and accuracy. After a thorough evaluation and assessment, we can set up a personalized treatment schedule to ensure the best results for your horse.
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- PRP Therapy is recommended for recent tendon and ligament injuries, injuries that have not healed using traditional rest and controlled exercise, as well as for horses with severe joint disease that are no longer responding to traditional joint therapy. With a platelet concentration five times higher than regular blood, a plasma injection enhances healthy inflammatory cells, formation of new blood vessels and connective tissue, and regeneration of skin.
- Pro-Stride Regenerative Therapy
- Made using your horse’s own blood, this joint injection provides anti-inflammatory relief and pain control. Safe and highly effective, Pro-Stride is a steroid-free alternative to traditional joint injections, and a lower-cost option than traditional IRAP and other regenerative therapies.
- Shockwave Therapy
- Using a non-invasive, high-intensity, pressure wave treatment, we can help relieve pain, speed healing, and improve the quality of the healing. Shockwave therapy is great for treating tissue calcification, suspense ligament injuries, fractures, back pain, fatigue injuries, navicular disease and more. Shockwave therapy utilizes rapid increases in pressure - No actual electric shocks are used in this therapy.
- Pegasus Therapy Laser by LiteCure
- Laser therapy has been used for a number of years to improve the healing of wounds. It is now been scientifically proven to decrease recovery time from athletic injuries, calm the animal before events, increase athletic performance, stimulate acupuncture points and various other benefits.
- LiteCure is the recognized leader in therapeutic laser technology. Class IV laser delivers a large amount of light energy into the companion’s body. When it interacts with damaged cells, healing is accelerated and pain virtually eliminated. As our best friends age, recover from trauma or surgery, or simply need relief from everyday aches and pains, this advanced technology offers Drug-Free, Surgery-Fee, Pain-Free Relief. Dr. Brian Pryor, President of LiteCure, explained that the light penetrates deep into the tissues, reducing inflammation, improving cell respiration and slowing nerve conduction for immediate pain relief.