Pine Bush Equine Services & Veterinary Hospital is always looking for dependable, hardworking individuals interested in gaining valuable experience working with seasoned professionals.
We welcome students from educational institutions for internships for credit or externships, recognizing that what one learns in the classroom is enhanced by hands on experience of caring for animals and helping to explore equine medicine.
Some elements Pine Bush interns and externs will experience:
- Participation in providing for and monitoring health, growth, diet, behavior, reproduction, safety and comfort of our animals
- Exposure to veterinary and tech work
- Cases involving all age groups – foals to geriatrics
Internship Application Requirements:
- Applicants must obtain a DVM degree and NY licensure by start of internship
- Applications must include resume, letter of intent, and recent photograph
- Must submit letters of recommendation from two veterinarians
- Must submit signed waiver to office before beginning shadowing experience
- Must visit office before entering other areas of practice
- Should have future aspirations of working in the equine/veterinary industry
To apply for an internship, externship, or a shadowing experience at Pine Bush Equine Services & Veterinary Hospital, please contact us with your application requirements.
Where can an internship take you?
Throughout the years we have had the pleasure of working with a number of talented interns and externs. After completing their programs, many have gone on to become successful professionals in the veterinary industry. Find out more about what our interns and externs are up to, and if you would like to connect to discuss our programs, please contact us so we can put you in touch with them.
Kianna Spencer, DVM
Kianna is currently completing a Large Animal Theriogenology Residency program at the University of Illinois.
Kayla Ross, DVM
Kayla has accepted an internship in Diagnostic Imaging at Washington State University.
Amy Ryckman, DVM
Amy is currently working near her hometown as a mixed animal practitioner in Clintonville, WI at We Care Animal Hospital but in February 2021 will be working as a small animal practitioner at East Fishkill Animal Hospital in Hopewell Junction, NY.