Pine Bush Equine Services & Veterinary Hospital is always looking for dependable, hardworking individuals interested in gaining valuable experience working with seasoned professionals.
We welcome students from educational institutions for internships for credit or externships, recognizing that what one learns in the classroom is enhanced by hands on experience of caring for animals and helping to explore equine medicine.
Some elements Pine Bush interns and externs will experience:
- Participation in providing for and monitoring health, growth, diet, behavior, reproduction, safety and comfort of our animals
- Exposure to veterinary and tech work
- Cases involving all age groups – foals to geriatrics
Internship Application Requirements:
- Applicants must obtain a DVM degree and NY licensure by start of internship
- Applications must include resume, letter of intent, and recent photograph
- Must submit letters of recommendation from two veterinarians
- Must submit signed waiver to office before beginning shadowing experience
- Must visit office before entering other areas of practice
- Should have future aspirations of working in the equine/veterinary industry