Pine Bush Equine Services & Veterinary Hospital is always looking for dependable, hardworking individuals interested in gaining valuable experience working with seasoned professionals.
We welcome students from educational institutions for internships for credit or externships, recognizing that what one learns in the classroom is enhanced by hands on experience of caring for animals and helping to explore equine medicine.
Some elements Pine Bush interns and externs will experience:
- Participation in providing for and monitoring health, growth, diet, behavior, reproduction, safety and comfort of our animals
- Exposure to veterinary and tech work
- Cases involving all age groups – foals to geriatrics
Internship Application Requirements:
- Applicants must obtain a DVM degree and NY licensure by start of internship
- Applications must include resume, letter of intent, and recent photograph
- Must submit letters of recommendation from three veterinarians
Externship Application Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in veterinary school
- Must be available for daily, nightly, and emergency cases during 2-week externship
- Must submit recent photo with completed agreement form
To apply for an internship or externship at Pine Bush Equine Services & Veterinary Hospital, please contact us with your application requirements. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
Where can an internship take you?
Throughout the years we have had the pleasure of working with a number of talented interns and externs. After completing their programs, many have gone on to become successful professionals in the veterinary industry. Find out more about what our interns and externs are up to, and if you would like to connect to discuss our programs, please contact us so we can put you in touch with them.
Kianna Spencer, DVM
Kianna is currently completing a Large Animal Theriogenology Residency program at the University of Illinois.
Kayla Ross, DVM
Kayla is currently at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine performing a Diagnostic Imaging Residency in Saskatchewan, Canada.
Amiey Ryckman, DVM
Amiey is currently working near her hometown as a mixed animal practitioner in Clintonville, WI at We Care Animal Hospital but in February 2021 will be working as a small animal practitioner at East Fishkill Animal Hospital in Hopewell Junction, NY.
Jenna Ward, DVM
Jenna is currently completing a residency program in Theriogenology at the University of Pennsylvania’s New Bolton Center.
Chelsea Santa Lucia, DVM
Chelsea is currently an associate veterinarian at Twin Pines Equine Veterinary Services in Connecticut.